Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Math, Physics, Chemistry and Judo...

Last weekend I began my preparation for the MCAT exam that I will write in January. The majority of Friday and Saturday were spent prepping for the Sunday morning/ afternoon classes. Sunday the total time for the classes was 5 hours but I swear it felt longer. Monday and Tuesday were also spent prepping and studying (diagnostic tests, homework, lecture review...etc). Overall its mental taxing but I have to do it if I want to do well on the exam.

As for training, Saturday morning I went to Pedro's. I was a little sore from practicing with Diego the night before but managed to push through the pain. Afterwards I went to train at Alim's for technique tune up and to learn how to use the uchikomi bands properly. Now I am supposed to start doing 1000 band uchikomi a day for this week; Alim said for this week I shouldn't care about how long it takes me to do the 1000 just that I should do it to polish up my technique and next week I will start to do a more high intensity circuit. Also at Alim's I practice makikomi techniques and sumigaeshi.

Sunday I was really burnt out after the courses so I decided to take the day off.

Monday, I had a lot of studying to do so I skipped BJJ. However, I did make it to the gym for an awesome back workout. I did 20 rep Deadlifts superset with light front squats and pull ups; other exercises included pull down, rows, standing rows, and abdominal exercises.

Today, I studied all morning and headed out to the gym around 2 pm. Here is the general layout for today's workout:

Row machine for warm up
Front squats
Low back squats
Shoulder press
Leg press
100 left arm band uchikomi
100 right arm band uchikomi

I had to cut the workout a little short because it was getting close to practice time.
Today we went to Pedro's for judo practice. I felt really good today and it showed at practice; I guess taking Sunday and Monday off helped me recover.


***Sorry for the limited info about judo practice today, I am writing this pretty late and feel drained from studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment