Tuesday, October 15, 2013

First Day of the Blog

I decided to start this blog to help me keep track of my training routine and to attempt to maintain focus through all the hard days of training. The current goal I am training towards is to win Quebec Open.

Today I woke up later than usual because I couldn't sleep well last night due to the cleansing tea I have been drinking to help me lose weight for the Quebec Open Judo tournament. For breakfast I drank my "Athletes Food" protein shake and also drank 2 fish oil capsules, a "Performaxx" and lastly a turmeric soft gel capsule. After that I headed out to the gym. Today was "legs and shoulders" day in my gym routine. Here's the workout:

Warm up
5 minutes on the stationary bike
Squats:
43 kg x 10
60 kg x 10
70 kg x 10
75 kg x 10
80 kg x 8
(85 kg x 6) x 3
Shoulder circuit (super set with squats) 
(8 lbs x 30) x 8
Single Leg Press
(50 kg x 20) x 3
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 
(50 lbs x 10) x 3
Neck Extension
(15 lbs x Max) x 2
20 lbs x Max
Shrugs (super set with neck ext.)
(50 lbs x 20) x 2
50 lbs x 30
Rope machine pull down
Level 5-6 x 20 minutes



After the gym I came home and drank some BCAA's. For dinner I had asparagus, spinach and broccoli soup. Right after dinner my brother and I left straight for judo training in Toronto with the HPP team. Training consisted of the usual stuff that we do there, warm up, gripping, situation drills, uchikomi, and randori. At the end of training Pedro had us do Judo push-ups and medicine ball sit ups, we did 3 sets of 50 for the judo push-ups and 30 second intervals for the medicine ball sit ups. I enjoy the after practice conditioning training because it reminds me of the time I spent training at Tenri University in Japan. Judo practice was about 2 hours long today.

Overall I feel like I am almost back to the shape I was at before competing in July at the National Championships. Today, the shoulder and knee are a little sore after practice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment